Mike DiPasquale Weightlifter
- Member of both the U.S. Olympic Bobsled Federation and of the U.S. Weightlifting Federation.
- Member of the 1995 Empire Games 4-man national bobsledding championship team.
- Second place in the 1994 Ohio Olympic Weightlifting competition.
- In both 2009 and 2010 Mike won a gold medal in Olympic Weightlifting during the Annual Sunshine State Games in Lakeland.
- 2014 bronze medal winner at the U.S. National Masters Olympic Weightlifting Championships
- 2014 Team USA representative at the Masters World Championships for Olympic Weightlifting in Denmark.
In addition to bobsledding and weight lifting, championships Mike also enjoys rollerblading and ice hockey.
Professional Career: Mike is an award-winning journalist that has reported both local and national stories. Throughout his career he has covered major stories including the World Series, Super Bowl, the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and Major League Baseball’s All-Star game for CNN and FOX news, and contributes to Sky Sports. Mike’s work has earned him the city of Cleveland’s award for excellence in journalism and the Ohio Associated Press sport’s reporting award.
His reports can be seen on all editions WSVN Channel 7 Fox ( Miami, FL ) News Monday through Sunday and on WSVN’s Sunday night show, Sports Xtra. Prior to joining WSVN, Mike was a sports/news anchor and reporter in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hometown: Miami, Florida
Favorite Hand Armor product: Hand Armor Block Chalk
Mike says this about Hand Armor Chalk:
"It keeps my hands dry of sweat for grip I need for bar to do Olympic weightlifting."